Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, June 27, 2011

An Oreo Affair

There aren't many cookies that can act as rivals to my precious. Oreo tops almost all of my charts. Obviously, as I dedicated a blog to them and was even obsessed enough to find symbolism in them. How insane can one get, right?

Waffer Cookies. Do you know what I'm talking about? Not the Vanilla Waffers (that are circular almost bread-like things and no frostingesc goodness at all)... Waffers. These guys:
Now, I normally go for the strawberry ones... Oreo's still beat on the chocolate flavor, and the vanilla flavor is also quite good. If there was going to be any sort of runner up for my favorite cookie, these would be it. Sadly, however, they aren't as easy to find as they once were. Are they going out of style? Keebler I believe had a line of these, but I haven't seen them in a while... I can only ever find them sold in generic brands these days. Not that I can tell much of a difference, to be honest. I only worry that I won't be able to find them at all...

In any case, I splurged today when I went shopping and got these. Sad to say I am quite hesitant to share my Oreo's with my kids... (hence I eat them only when the kids won't notice) but these I will consent to sharing. :) It was fun to snack on these after we got in pjs (like my sis... I just love pjs) and dip them in milk together. :)

Hurray for days that end with smiles and sugar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I just looked in the Oxford dictionary, and I'm pretty sure that you spell it frostingesque. : )

Man, I used to love those, too, but now they're WAY too sugary!

Deanna said...

these are great! sometimes you can get them at smiths, but I like the vanilla ones a lot. I am so excited to see they brought back peanut butter oreos!