Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

2 days

Wow. Is it really two days away???

*shakes head*

Ok. What we accomplished yesterday (if you are getting sick of reading this, I understand. It helps me keep focused though...):

Doctor's appointment. (telling the office new address)
Set up power.

De-junk (again) stuff that piled up on entertainment center.
Laundry. Trust me, it NEEDED to get done.
Got more cardboard boxes.
Packed more food.

On agenda for today:

Tell magazines new address.
Tell Mary Kay new address.
(both can be done online...with two busy errand days in a row, we need a break)
Pack more food.
Pack stuff in closet (towels/blankets/wrapping paper).
Go through corners of stuff that we missed and pack/give away.

Wash all dishes and pack what we won't need.
Clean, clean, clean!

Whew... that's a hefty list. I got rid of the more optional section because the deadline is coming up, I can't keep prolonging those other things.

Oh, I remembered the forgotten Bugisim that I was wanting to post on that post a little bit ago. Here it is:

We were eating homemade mac n' cheese, and we all usually put ketchup on it, for some reason, Rocket Scientist didn't put Bug's ketchup ON his mac n' cheese, he put it to the side so Bug could dip. Seemed ok at first. But then the mac n' cheese got stuck in the ketchup pool, and Bug couldn't get it out. He insisted on stabbing it to get it out, instead of scooping, and it was causing a lot of strife. He would literally freak out that it wasn't doing what he wanted to. I tried to be reasonable and explain to him that getting upset wouldn't help. It kind of worked, until another one got stuck in the ketchup. Eventually I gave up and mixed his food all together. But THEN he started to get upset with the fact that the mac n' cheese wouldn't stay on his food. But maybe he got some sort of lesson from me saying it wouldn't help to get mad, because then he said (here comes the Bugism), "No! No mac n' cheese! No fall!"

More Bugisms:

Yesterday, as we were running errands, stop lights were inevitable. At every red light though, Bug chants "Turn green! Turn green!" mainly because of our trying to teach him that red means stop and green means go. Anyway, after one of the lights turned green Bug said, "Yeah! Good job green!" (then in a high pitched voice) "Thank you!"

One more thing:

I did have my doctor's appointment yesterday, and for any of you that were freaking out, breathe. The little air pockets (or rather liquid sacs or something... at least that is what the ultrasoundest said yesterday) were gone. I will post pics of the ultrasounds once I get them scanned. One of them is really quite cute. He was still kind of hiding so we couldn't get very many good shots, but he still let us get a few good profiles.

1 comment:

Tina Fraidenburg said...

I don't know if you have done this or not, or have even though about it, but don't forget to tell the DMV. You can also do that online. You have 10 days to notify them after you move. I stress this, because john didn't do this when his family moved, and he got arrested the night before his farewell talk, because he never got the warrant to his new address. ha ha. Funny story!