Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Moving update

I have probably mentioned this, but we are for sure moving. Beginning of May.

So yeah. Two days ago I was crazy. My foot was hurting (we THINK I sprained or pulled, whatever the correct termage is, a muscle in it... still kinda aches), my back was hurting (no new news), I was tired, and should have had dinner earlier. But that is all mainly (besides the foot) things that I have complained about on here for the past few weeks. So why was I crazy??

I went outside, picked up a box of our disorganized storage, brought it inside, set it on the ground, cleaned off the top of it (all dusty and gross from being outside), opened it up, went through the whole box putting things in either one of three boxes: storage, DI, or put away OR I just put it in a throw away pile. If the box was pretty much already organized (mainly only the baby clothes), I would still go through it, organize it a little bit to make sure it was really organized the way we want it, then put the "stamp of approval" on it (just masking tape with the words MOVING APPROVED in an X on the top of the box mainly just saying that what it says in here REALLY is what is in here, no junk, no other stuff).

Despite the discomfort of my body, I repeated this process about four times. Maybe even five. This was the reason for my craziness. Not because I was doing this (it REALLY needed to be done a LONG time ago), but because I was doing this without help, and with my body feeling like I was falling apart.

Needless to say (right Pavlov?), I couldn't do much yesterday. But again... I still organized some storage. Mainly just two boxes of old clothes of Bug. That was all I could expect of my body that day. Today is my hobby day. I'm determined to do something, if only just an hour, of cross-stitch. My chosen hobby for today.

Despite how crazy I was the past two days, that seems to be my mode of operation. When I am the most exhausted and worn down is when I am in the mood to clean and organize the most. Almost as if I'm OCD. I wobble around the house cleaning everything in site, back hunched from exhaustion. I referred to it once like a drug. I just HAD to pick up things. It was something that I almost couldn't prevent myself from doing. After that metaphor though I realized that disease would be a better comparison, hence my mention of OCD above. But it isn't like that, because it isn't like I think something bad will happen if I don't clean or it is a daily routine, it is just something that happens occasionally.

Anyway, that was pretty random... So yeah. Today will not be full of packing/organizing/cleaning. I have at least one hour of cross-stitch planned. Not sure when the hour will be, but that is the plan.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I know how you feel. I eventually gave up going through things because it was too hard to do it by myself, plus Grace really didn't want me to pay attention to it..lol. Good idea to have a craft day! I need one of those, but first I have "earn" it by cleaning my house a little more. it only looks messy to me, Erik only complains if the dishes pile up too much.

Danelle and Alex said...

I hate going through boxes like that. Its such a pain but something that has to be done and it feels so much better when it is done. That will be nice to have a new and very organized place to bring your new little boy into!