Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Shopping

So after that slightly depressing post, I thought I'd counteract it with one that was a bit more upbeat.

To start things off. I just peeked outside and it isn't snowing anymore. What crazy weather!

Anyway, I failed to mention our biggest accomplishment yesterday. We called a company to ask questions that arose while looking for internet. After that, we went to their store and purchased it! We have a new phone number, internet, and I will be getting a new cell phone to boot. While Rocket Scientist was getting it all set up though, I took Bug into a store right next to the booth in the mall (to prevent him from running around the booth, easily available to anyone who would want to pick him off and run...). The store I took him to just happened to be a maternity store. I wanted to find a few shirts that were more springy. I only had two shirts that were brighter colors. One was a sweater thing with a hood. Yeah. Not what I would wear on a nice spring day.

I walked in the store and was almost immediately sprung upon by a salesperson asking what I was looking for. I made it difficult for her. Not necessarily on purpose, but I think she gave up on me pretty quick because of it. I was looking for something springy. But I don't like wearing bright colors. I prefer blues, greens, purples. The cool colors. Yellows, oranges, and reds don't look so good on me. I'm getting more comfortable in reds though. I have a few pink shirts that I really like, and wear my MH red T-shirt on occasion.

In any case, soon I was browsing on my own. Conveniently this store has a bin of toys. Something I forgot when I was trying to avoid kid-nappers. Bug was sufficiently occupied. Then another salesperson sprung on me. I said the same thing as I did to the last one, but this one didn't give up on me. It was quite funny watching her trying to find something that I liked. She kept saying, "You can say no." which I did often. In any case, she was able to find at least three outfits that I really liked. Two of which were dresses, which is something I have been laking on. Best yet, almost every one of these outfits are change-able. They have things like undershirts, or overshirts. One of the dress outfits I got was a way cute jumper that I can put something over, under, or both, and it still is wonderfully cute.

While checking out, she asked if we were still at the same apartment. I told her yes, but that we were moving in about a week. I decided to just update it then. I gave her the new address and everything. Then she started to ask if it was a nice place and I told her it had a pool (one of the first things I mention to someone who asks...), and maybe that struck a chord with her or something. I had even told her the name of the apartments, and maybe that was what struck the chord. In any case, she realized that it was in her ward. I thought it was quite funny. What strange circumstances to meet a soon to be fellow ward member.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Yay! It's going to be alright.

We need to have faith that the universe will unfold as it should. -Spock