Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Full Day

Stickers, cake, garbage, put away, toddlers, storage, masking tape, presents, duster, DI stuff.

All rolled up in one.

And it is only two??

Today started with me waking up and deciding that I wouldn't get up when the alarm sounded. Notice I used the word "when". Yeah, I woke up before it. That is a usual happening. The alarm sounded and I commenced with the falling asleep again.

Then I realized what was happening today, and all that I needed to do. Saying that I freaked out and instantly jumped out of bed would be cool but a lie. I finally did realize that I needed to get up, but I did it very unwillingly and groggily. I sat up and was about to do the usual meditation (started again a few days ago) and realized that my bladder wouldn't wait.

After use of the bathroom and meditating, hubby gave me a kiss and tried to convince me that I didn't really need to do all that was running through my head and spend time with him this morning. I felt bad. I really did. But Bug's present hadn't been wrapped yet and I had a cake to make and a party to get together all before 11. A busy morning for me. And hopefully my faintness wouldn't get in the way like it usually did in the morning.

Side note: the doctor's office finally called me back last Friday and everything checked out. Sugar fine, iron fine, I was doing perfectly according to my blood. I rolled my eyes and wished that I knew more about things of this sort so that I could start searching for another reason for my faintness. Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know.

Back to today. After breakfast, I made a list of party things for Rocket Scientist to get at the store, complained a little bit to Cat on AIM, then realized I still had a cake to make (oh, I was able to wrap Bug's present before he woke up. Amazing...), so I mixed it up, put it in the oven, had the TV running for Bug, and got in the shower (I really am blessed with Bug... he doesn't do anything more rambuncious kids would do while I shower, he just sits there or plays with his toys... *big sigh of gratitude*).

After the shower I started complaining and talking to Cat again while waiting for the cake to come out. After it was out I wasted time on the internet (I'm REALLY good at that...) before I realized that I needed to make up some punch. And cut up cheese pieces for the snack. Thankfully my brother and his wife were around and they came to visit to steal my computer for a few minutes and while they were here I put my sister-in-law to work dressing Bug and making the goody bags.

Well the party was at 11, and we enjoyed some nice spring weather and ate cake, cheese with crackers, and punch.

Granted it WAS nice to get out of the mode of packing, but after people started to leave I got in a panic again. Rocket Scientist had to go to sleep soon, and this week is the week of packing up our room, so we had to go and do some packing right then before it got too late and we couldn't pack anything today. My body was already weak from my trip to DI yesterday (with two huge and heavy boxes of stuff we got rid of that me, myself, and I somehow got to the car) and my craziness and working through my faintness to get the party stuff ready.

So yeah, after about an hour of packing stuff, Rocket Scientist is now sleeping, and I'm taking it easy until Bug wakes up. Maybe I'll even take a nap... sounds good...

2 comments:

Adriene said...

Sounds exhausting. Hope you got that nap. Happy B-day to the fabulous Bug!

james said...

Isn't the 10th the big day?