Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

What?? Are you talking to me? Sorry, you'll have to come back in a month when I get my brain back from the cleaners.

So I don't have a title for this post yet seeing as I have no idea what I'm going to write to you all. We'll see what happens by the end of my ramblings.

My brain is so overwhelmed right now I can't think. Earlier in the rush and hurry to get people eating before Rocket Scientist left for the priesthood session, I almost put a cheese slicer in the garbage instead of the sink. Yeah... I'd say that my brain was thinking too hard or about too many things. Or both.

We have been so caught up with the whole moving thing that we didn't even realize it was conference weekend at least soon enough for us to plan visiting family. So how did we spend this day? We had conference playing and were de-junking our storage at the same time. I am exhausted. We got a lot done and I feel good about that, but at the same time, I am exhausted. I also feel bloated. That tends to happen after I eat dinner. So what to do now but veg a bit on the computer while Rocket Scientist is away and have "Finding Nemo" playing on the DVD player for a little guy.

So, with that in mind, I am feeling more and more swell with every day. I can currently feel some stretch marks forming. After having three kids, each within 18 months of each other, I feel like my body is falling apart. I have never really given myself time to recuperate. Once the new baby gets about 9 months old I decree that they are too old and not a baby anymore and I beg to get pregnant again. Pretty much, that is how it goes. I get baby hungry.

I made sure that Rocket Scientist wouldn't hesitate to tell me that I was fat when I got baby hungry again. I also told him to make sure that he encourage me daily to workout and try to get my body in shape again almost as soon as the doctor gives me the ok. Because both of us know that I WILL get baby hungry again. It is almost inevitable. So I gotta get in shape before that inevitability happens. Or even gets close.

And I guess my last random thought for this post is conference. Seeing as my main problem lately has been morning, I thought it was interesting how there were two talks, one right after the other, about that very thing. I never had paid much attention to Elder Scott seeing as his mesmerizing voice always put me to sleep. I had never realized that he had lost two kids, one right after the other. It made me wonder just how this pregnancy will end up. Obviously, Elder Scott's talk wasn't a warning or a..... my fingers are hesitating over the keys searching for the right word..... hmmm.... time to visit dictionary.com.... ok... found the right word. His talk wasn't a premonition of things to come. Obviously. It still made me wonder what will happen to us as a family if something were to happen to this little one.

I think. Thanks to those two talks. That we will be just fine. At least I will. Rocket Scientist I have no idea. Bug I have no idea. He was a bit to young to realize what happened when Little Angel died. I'm not even sure he remembers him during the few short months Little Angel was with us. But whatever happens, with His help, we can prevail.

I will not doubt again.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I thought about you and your family during those talks too. I am sure everything will be just fine for you and your new baby. Modern medicine can prevent many problems that were around in the older days.
And if not, this life is not the end. :) Have faith.