Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

6 days

We are having a pretty productive day. Laundry is getting done, dishes washed, table cleared off, even some grown out of clothes of Bug have been packed away. I even managed to put my hair in pig tails again. Hurrah for hair off the neck!!!

We have more things on our to-do list for today, but as of right now we are both taking a breather. Rocket Scientist is washing off some of the grime of the day, and I'm vegging on the computer. Well... to each his own.

Also, I wanted to post how Bug's 3 year appointment went yesterday seeing as I forgot to post it yesterday with it being so late at night, and all that. As always, Bug charmed every single nurse there. Yesterday was the first time they tested his sight. I was quite proud to say that yes, he knows his shapes (even though he also knew his letters and could have done the one we all do instead of the shape one on the other side...), but also because Bug got some that even I had to squint for (I was next to Bug holding the eye cover to his eye). With both eyes open. AND with glasses. Hmm.... maybe it is a time for a trip to the eye doctor??

Needless to say, he was 20/20. How does a kid who comes from parents who both have glasses get a 20/20?? Well, maybe his vision will start to go down like mine was. My 6th grade teacher noticed me squinting at the chalkboard one day and then he tattled on me. Ah well... I guess it is all for the best...

Anyway, other than that, Bug doesn't need any more immunizations until kindergarten, he was growing fine, didn't want to show off his talking skills to the doctor but rather his counting skills, he held nice and still for the eye, ear, and mouth examination, and even didn't make one single sound as the doctor listened to his heart and lungs. He also even got his blood pressure checked for the first time, and he thought it was the coolest thing ever. As always, my (almost) perfect little boy passed everything with flying colors. At least he is so good. I doubt I'll be blessed with two such easy going children... *shudders at what might be coming...*

No comments: