Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

5 days

Today, being Sunday, we aren't really planning on doing much packing or any. We are still planning on cleaning (at least the kitchen) since that is pretty much a daily chore anyway if you plan to keep on top of having a non messy kitchen.

What a crazy day today. We went to church all dolled up in our new maternity clothes (or rather, I was the only one who did that...) ready to conduct the music after being asked to sub. I had my cane with me. Back problems, no. Hip problems...... for some reason, it feels as if my leg is not "in" where it is supposed to be or something. I don't know what caused this, what it even is, or how to fix it. So I walk with a cane.

The first hymn was ok. I hobbled to the stand and conducted just fine. During the sacrament hymn... I started to feel faint. When I said I could conduct the music in replacement for the person who was supposed to, I forgot that the past three or four Sundays, I have spent my sacrament meetings outside in the foyer because it was too hot for me in the chapel. The fact that I was wearing a fancy jacket type thing (that I couldn't take off because of the shoulders I was covering) didn't help the situation. I toughed it out though, and made it through the song, almost leaning on my cane through it.

When I went to sit down after the sacrament had been passed, I leaned over to Rocket Scientist and told him the situation. Unless this faintness went away, I wouldn't be able to conduct anymore, and I knew that. Stupid, silly me saying I could, when I was most definitely not fit for the job. Behind me was a music major so I asked her to conduct the rest for me. I left. I sat outside in the foyer again, and when Rocket Scientist came back from changing Bug's diaper, we discussed our options. Not normally, the faintness was not going away, but rather, getting worse. I moved to the entryway. Three walls of glass, one of them pointed to the church, the other two subject to the elements. It was snowing. It felt nice there. I could actually breathe. We decided that Rocket Scientist should take me home.

I felt retarded. I felt lame. I felt stupid. I felt very sad. I had a new outfit on that I wanted people to notice. This was most likely our last Sunday at this ward. And me. Stupid, handicapped me, had to go home early, without really getting to talk to anyone. Without.... anything really. I didn't hear the talks, though I knew what they were about since I was the music coordinator and I picked the hymns to match the subject.

When Rocket Scientist drove me home, it wasn't snowing anymore. I slept (or at least tried) through the rest of church until they came home. I just got back from visiting teaching. Laying down for more than two hours didn't seem to help, so I figured I'd just brave my stupid hip and go. It wasn't like I was feeling faint anymore anyway.

It was sunny when we walked to the apartment we visit taught at. When we left (about an hour and a half later.... we tend to talk a lot... hehe) it was snowing. Great. Big. Flakes. Of. Snow.

What a crazy day. And here I thought it was supposed to rain all weekend long, not snow... At least the ground is warm enough still that it isn't sticking. Yet.

No comments: