Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Packing and Preggo Update

I don't really know what this post will be about, but I'll try and keep to the title so I don't spend time babbling.

Rocket Scientist keeps telling me that he thinks we are doing great as far as packing is concerned. That we are on schedule or better. I don't know if he is telling me this to bring down my stress or because it is true. I sure don't feel like I'm moving in a week and a half. Both of our computers are still out. By the end of LAST week we should have had my desk taken apart and ready to go as well as the doors to the closet (yes, my desk is in a closet) back up and clean. But I sit here at my own desk (instead of having my computer set up at Rocket Scientist's desk and his packed), in a closet with the doors still outside collecting all sorts of gunk.

This week is packing stuff and cleaning in Bug's room and the bathroom. Has anything happened with that? No. It is already the middle of the week! My only excuse is that we have had such nice weather that I spent basically all day outside. All morning into the afternoon, we were out playing with friends. Then we came in (red and crispy.... forgot sunscreen), and cooled off for a bit, then went out almost immediately afterward to run errands. No packing done that day... I am determined to not do the same thing today.

Anyway, I could list off a huge list of things that I feel we are behind on. Yet Rocket Scientist thinks we are doing great. How come I'm not feeling so optimistic?

Enough of that. Onto my preggo update. As far as I know, baby is doing fine. He wiggles quite often. My next appointment is Tuesday and not only is it an appointment, but it is also another ultrasound. The last two pregnancies we only had two ultrasounds. The very first one, then the one where we find out the sex of the baby. This time we are having another one at the 32nd week. Reason for the change is a little silly in my opinion. But important nevertheless.

At the ultrasound appointment at 20 weeks to find out the sex of baby, the nurse pointed out some air pockets in baby's brain. When my doctor talked to me about it, he said that usually after baby gets bigger, the air pockets go away. He also said that baby's with down syndrome have air pockets in the brain. My doctor is pretty confidant that the air pockets will go away like he predicted. He used the analogy that in the summer, drowning goes up. Also, ice cream consumption goes up as well. But just because the two happen, it doesn't mean they are connected. There were no other signs from the ultrasound that baby has down syndrome. This ultrasound at 32 weeks is just to reassure me that the air pockets go away and to stop me from freaking out. But does it sound like I'm freaking out?? If my doctor says they will go away, and that there were no other symptoms of down syndrome, I'm not going to raise my blood pressure for it.

So anyway, on Tuesday, we have our next appointment/ultrasound. And I'm not freaking out about it, so you shouldn't either. Until something happens, I'm not going to worry about it. It makes no sense to freak out about things that I have no control over. Packing now... that is a different thing entirely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go for you on not worrying about the baby, I'm sure he'll be just fine. The packing...now, that usually happens best with a day to go anyway. That way you can't get side tracked! Good luck with everything.