Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, April 10, 2009

"NO! Bug's turn!!"

First off. Bug doesn't call himself that. He uses his actual name. But for my peace of mind, I shall use it on here. There was even a phase where Rocket Scientist and I would call him by his nickname and he would say, "No. I'm Bug." But of course, it was his actual name. It was cute.

Anyway, on to the post.

Some people say that when kids get to a certain age, the word "No" becomes their favorite. Not quite so true with Bug, though he did test his limits with that word. I would give in to his antics every once in a while because if you don't listen to any of their "No"s then they won't listen to yours.

Lately though, as the title of this post indicates, Bug's most favorite thing to say, and it usually gets said at least half of the day, is: "No! Bug's turn!!" I'm not talking about trying to share toys with other kids. Bug wants to turn on the light. To open the door. To pour the milk. To get his diapers out for a diaper change... and the wipes..... and the pad.... To pick up his toys. To clean up his milk. To wash the dishes. To turn on the TV. To turn off the TV. To get a DVD out. To put his socks on. To pick out his clothes. To put on his shoes.

Are you feeling exhausted yet? I am. Now. I know that I should be excited that he wants to help this much. I just CAN'T stand going at a toddler's pace all day long. It drives me nuts! Add on the fact that I hate being in the middle of something and he'll yell out, "NO! Bug's turn!!" And one of the worst things about this is that there is no negotiating. I can't let him do somethings and I'll do the other things. Like with him saying "No" with everything. There was some give and take there.

For being one of the cutest kids in the ward that Rocket Scientist was known in a store by a high counsel member's wife as "that guy that has that really cute kid", he can through the worst tantrums. And of course, that slows me up as well because after he has his rant session, he insists on having a hug, and with the memory that he has, he remembers exactly what caused him to start crying, and starts up with the "Bug's turn" again.

In other words, he doesn't give up easily. It is almost quicker to let him get his way and let him do what he wants. One problem with this. If I don't know what he wants to do, he won't tell me. He just stands there yelling "Bug's turn!" I have tried his whole life to not give in when he is being irrational like this to let him know that I won't stand for that kind of behavior. You know, the kind of behavior that is on the verge of being a tantrum. Or even a tantrum. You do that once, and they learn that you have a limit.

Anyway, I think I'm done ranting. I don't know a solution to this problem. I wish someone else did. Or that I could just know what to do. Any suggestions are certainly welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatever, Bug, it's my turn! : )