Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Three posts in one day???

Ok, so I know I have posted twice already today, but I just had to share this with you all.

I just barely had the urge to read the back of our multi-purpose cleaner. It has a little section where they talk about all the wonderful things you can do with it and under that are the directions...
USAGE DIRECTIONS: Turn spray nozzle to ON position. Simply spray and wipe with a soft cloth or paper towel until surface is clean. No rinsing necessary. Use to clean surfaces such as wood, laminate, electronics, chrome, glass, mirrors and metal. If using on electronic equipment, spray product directly onto cloth and follow manufacturer instructions. Before using on an unknown surface, test on an inconspicuous area. For higher shine on your wood, please use ****** Furniture Polish. (brand name blotted out to protect the innocent) Not suitable for unsealed wood, marble or granite. Do not use with other household cleaners. Note: Unplug electrical appliances before using.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS.
I laughed out loud when I read this!!! If I had someone else in the room besides a two year old I probably would have ended up laughing harder and longer.

Did you catch it? No probably not. Especially if you weren't raised in my household where phrases like "Shake before using", "Automatic Caution Door", and "To avoid suffocation keep away from children" cause chuckling. I'll give you a hint with this one that I found today. It is the last sentence in the italicized part. The note section. (though it is italicized, I didn't do that to make it stand out. They did. The only part in the quote that I added was the part in the parenthesis.)

Did you see it that time? If not, don't feel bad, just ask and I'll try to explain it. Or just mill the sentence in your head for a bit, and maybe you'll catch on. It might help to see where the humor is in the other phrases that I mentioned.

No comments: